Your first visit will include a comprehensive oral exam and dental cleaning. Please plan to be at our office for approximately 2 hours.
During a comprehensive examination, your dentist will look at much more than just your teeth. There areas include:
• Head and neck
• Temporomandibular Joint
• Soft tissue – intraoral & extraoral
• Clinical examination of teeth
Communication with your dentist can help him or her to provide you with the best care. Your dentist needs to know information that may help diagnose problems and be able to recommend the best treatment. Tell your dentist:
• Your reservations regarding dental treatment
• Your overall health
• Your prior dental health
• Dental concerns- new cavity, sensitivity, or any unusual areas in your mouth.
Don’t wait to see if the dentist catches it or silently hopes the dentist misses it. By telling your dentist your symptoms, you may help him or her make an early diagnosis.
Your registered dental hygienist is trained and licensed to provide you with a variety of services:
• Periodontal assessment
• Home Care Instruction
Communication with your hygienist will allow you to receive the best care. Some concerns you may want to share with your dental hygienist.
• Bad breath
• Bleeding gums
• Food collection between teeth
• Prior periodontal treatment
• Sensitivity to hot and cold